Welcome to McCallsburg! Below you will find our FAQS on Zoning and Permits. If you have any questions that are not covered in the FAQ call (515) 434-2242 or email us at mcburg@netins.org.

burning leaves

Is burning allowed in town?
Yes, open burning is allowed at this time. Visit the State Marshal website for current burn bans in Iowa.


Do I need a permit to install a fence?
Yes, a permit is required; download the following document. 

Man Mowing Lawn

What are the rules for Mowing?
See ordinance for details on when you must mow and the repercussions if you do not.


Can I drive a Golf Cart or other similar vehicle around town?
Yes, see ordinance for clarification.

firecrackers and rockets

Are fireworks allowed in town?
Yes, but only at certain times.